Open Research across DisciplinesHow the principles of open research can be applied to your discipline
Examples of open research practices
“There are now thousands of examples of companies having used open government data as a key business asset that have been documented by the Open Data 500, the Open Data Impact Map, the ExploraLatam, and other studies. These projects have illustrated that companies use open government data for business optimisation, for developing new products and services, or for a combination of the two…Data collaboratives represent an emerging model of public–private partnership within which various actors across sectors exchange data and pool analytical expertise…Research partnerships [are an example of date collaboratives], in which corporations share data with universities and other research organisations to map weather patterns and natural resources, for example.”
- A. Francisco. (2020). Open Science: Reflections on its Implications for Publishing Business Journals. Revista Administração Em Diálogo, 22. 1-7. Doi:10.23925/2178-0080.2020v22i3.50675
- C. Martins. (2019). The importance of Open Science in Business research. RAC: Revista de Administraçāo Contemporânea.24(1). Doi: 10.1590/1982-7849rac2020190380
- Blog about using open data in business. http://blog.ukdataservice.ac.uk/how-can-open-data-benefit-business/
- Open-source management tool. http://orchardcollaboration.com/
- O’Boyle, E. H., Banks, G. C., & Gonzalez-Mulé, E. (2017). The Chrysalis Effect: How Ugly Initial Results Metamorphosize Into Beautiful Articles. Journal of Management, 43(2), 376-399. https://doi.org/10.1177/0149206314527133
- Data management tools/software.
- The value of open data in the private sector. https://www.stateofopendata.od4d.net/chapters/stakeholders/private-sector.html
- Open access journals.
- Open access case studies.
This page is adapted and extended from: Farran, E. K., Silverstein, P., Ameen, A. A., Misheva, I., & Gilmore, C. (2020, December 15). Open Research: Examples of good practice, and resources across disciplines. https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/3r8hb