- 1 External Stakeholders
- 1.1 The Stakeholder Engagement Group
- 126.96.36.199 Arts & Humanities Research Council
- 188.8.131.52 The Academy of Medical Sciences
- 184.108.40.206 Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
- 220.127.116.11 British Neuroscience Association
- 18.104.22.168 British Psychological Society
- 22.214.171.124 Cancer Research UK
- 126.96.36.199 CHDI Foundation
- 188.8.131.52 CLOSER
- 184.108.40.206 European Bioinformatics Institute
- 220.127.116.11 Economic and Social Research Council
- 18.104.22.168 F1000Research
- 22.214.171.124 FAIRsharing
- 126.96.36.199 Institute of Physics
- 188.8.131.52 Jisc
- 184.108.40.206 MQ: Transforming Mental Health
- 220.127.116.11 Medical Research Council
- 18.104.22.168 Nature Publishing Group
- 22.214.171.124 NC3Rs
- 126.96.36.199 Natural Environment Research Council
- 188.8.131.52 National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
- 184.108.40.206 National Physical Laboratory
- 220.127.116.11 Public Library of Science
- 18.104.22.168 Research England
- 22.214.171.124 Research Libraries UK
- 126.96.36.199 Software Sustainability Institute
- 188.8.131.52 UK Data Service
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom Research and Innovation
- 220.127.116.11 UK Research Integrity Office
- 18.104.22.168 Universities UK
- 22.214.171.124 Wellcome Trust
- 126.96.36.199 Wiley
- 1.1 The Stakeholder Engagement Group
External StakeholdersFunders, publishers, learned societies and other external stakeholders supporting the UKRN
The Stakeholder Engagement Group
External Stakeholders who support and work closely with the UKRN, form the Stakeholder Engagement Group and ensure that UKRN activity is aligned with the strategy and activity of the stakeholders. All members are required to agree to our mission and values.
Our structure allows for two types of Stakeholder Engagement Group membership: full membership for organisations that are part of the academic environment, to provide direct financial support or support in kind for UKRN, and affiliate membership, for organisations that are part of the wider research environment, who only provide support in kind.
The UKRN Steering Group determines whether a potential External Stakeholder should be a full or affiliate member of the Stakeholder Engagement Group. We only accept financial support from full stakeholders.
Arts & Humanities Research Council
AHRC funds world-class, independent researchers in a wide range of subjects.
The Academy of Medical Sciences
The independent body in the UK representing the diversity of medical science.
Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
The professional membership association for Research Managers and Administrators.
British Neuroscience Association
The largest UK professional body representing all aspects of neuroscience.
British Psychological Society
The representative body for psychologists and psychology in the United Kingdom.
Cancer Research UK
Cancer research and awareness; pioneering research to reduce the number of deaths from cancer.
A US non-profit accelerating therapeutic development for Huntington’s disease.
The home of longitudinal research, recording how UK life is changing.
European Bioinformatics Institute
An International Governmental Organisation focused on research and services in bioinformatics.
Economic and Social Research Council
ESRC provides funding and support for research and training in the social sciences.
F1000Research is an open research publishing platform offering rapid publication without editorial bias.
A curated resource on data and metadata standards
Institute of Physics
Working to advance physics education, research and application in the UK.
Not-for-profit company providing digital solutions for UK education and research.
MQ: Transforming Mental Health
MQ: Transforming Mental Health is a leading international mental health research charity.
Medical Research Council
Responsible for co-coordinating and funding medical research in the United Kingdom.
Nature Publishing Group
A division of the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature.
Uncovering new approaches to replace and reduce the use of animals for scientific purposes.
Natural Environment Research Council
The UK’s leading public funder of environmental science: research, training and knowledge transfer.
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
A global leader in the field of biological standards, medicines control and research.
National Physical Laboratory
The national measurement standards laboratory for the United Kingdom.
Public Library of Science
A non-profit open-access science, technology and medicine publisher based in the US.
Oversees the functions of UKRI in relation to university research and knowledge transfer in England.
Research Libraries UK
A consortium of the most significant research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Software Sustainability Institute
Cultivating more sustainable, research software to enable world-class research.
UK Data Service
A national data service providing access to a range of social and economic data collections.
United Kingdom Research and Innovation
Creating the best possible environment for research and innovation to flourish.
UK Research Integrity Office
An independent charity offering support to the public, researchers and organisations.
An advocacy organisation for universities in the United Kingdom.
An independent global charitable foundation; improving health by helping great ideas to thrive.
Empowering researchers, universities and corporations to achieve their goals.