- 1 External Stakeholders
- 1.1 The Stakeholder Engagement Group
- 1.2 Full stakeholders
- 22.214.171.124 The Academy of Medical Sciences
- 126.96.36.199 Arts & Humanities Research Council
- 188.8.131.52 Cancer Research UK
- 184.108.40.206 Economic and Social Research Council
- 220.127.116.11 Jisc
- 18.104.22.168 Medical Research Council
- 22.214.171.124 MQ: Transforming Mental Health
- 126.96.36.199 Natural Environment Research Council
- 188.8.131.52 Research England
- 184.108.40.206 United Kingdom Research and Innovation
- 220.127.116.11 UK Research Integrity Office
- 18.104.22.168 Wellcome Trust
- 1.3 Affiliate stakeholders
- 22.214.171.124 Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
- 126.96.36.199 British Neuroscience Association
- 188.8.131.52 British Psychological Society
- 184.108.40.206 CHDI Foundation
- 220.127.116.11 Code Ocean
- 18.104.22.168 CLOSER
- 22.214.171.124 European Bioinformatics Institute
- 126.96.36.199 EBSCO
- 188.8.131.52 F1000Research
- 184.108.40.206 FAIRsharing
- 220.127.116.11 Institute of Physics
- 18.104.22.168 NC3Rs
- 22.214.171.124 National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
- 126.96.36.199 National Physical Laboratory
- 188.8.131.52 Nature Publishing Group
- 184.108.40.206 Public Library of Science
- 220.127.116.11 Project TIER
- 18.104.22.168 protocols.io
- 22.214.171.124 Research Libraries UK
- 126.96.36.199 Royal Society of Biology
- 188.8.131.52 Software Sustainability Institute
- 184.108.40.206 UK Data Service
- 220.127.116.11 UK Research Staff Association
- 18.104.22.168 Universities UK
- 22.214.171.124 Wiley
External StakeholdersFunders, publishers, learned societies and other external stakeholders supporting the UKRN
The Stakeholder Engagement Group
External Stakeholders who support and work closely with the UKRN, form the Stakeholder Engagement Group and ensure that UKRN activity is aligned with the strategy and activity of the stakeholders. All members are required to agree to our mission and values.
Our structure allows for two types of Stakeholder Engagement Group membership: full membership for organisations that are part of the academic environment, to provide direct financial support or support in kind for UKRN, and affiliate membership, for organisations that are part of the wider research environment, who only provide support in kind.
The UKRN Steering Group determines whether a potential External Stakeholder should be a full or affiliate member of the Stakeholder Engagement Group. We only accept financial support from full stakeholders.
The Academy of Medical Sciences
Arts & Humanities Research Council
AHRC funds world-class, independent researchers in a wide range of subjects.
Cancer Research UK
Cancer research and awareness; pioneering research to reduce the number of deaths from cancer.
Economic and Social Research Council
ESRC provides funding and support for research and training in the social sciences.
Not-for-profit company providing digital solutions for UK education and research.
Medical Research Council
Responsible for co-coordinating and funding medical research in the United Kingdom.
MQ: Transforming Mental Health
MQ: Transforming Mental Health is a leading international mental health research charity.
Natural Environment Research Council
The UK’s leading public funder of environmental science: research, training and knowledge transfer.
Oversees the functions of UKRI in relation to university research and knowledge transfer in England.
United Kingdom Research and Innovation
Creating the best possible environment for research and innovation to flourish.
UK Research Integrity Office
An independent charity offering support to the public, researchers and organisations.
An independent global charitable foundation; improving health by helping great ideas to thrive.
Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
The professional membership association for Research Managers and Administrators.
British Neuroscience Association
The largest UK professional body representing all aspects of neuroscience.
British Psychological Society
The representative body for psychologists and psychology in the United Kingdom.
A US non-profit accelerating therapeutic development for Huntington’s disease.
An integrated computational research platform for computational reproducibility and collaboration. Available from EBSCO.
The home of longitudinal research, bringing together world-leading longitudinal studies.
European Bioinformatics Institute
An International Governmental Organisation focused on research and services in bioinformatics.
A global provider of resources for teaching, learning and research, in partnership with protocols.io and Code Ocean.
F1000Research is an open research publishing platform offering rapid publication without editorial bias.
A curated resource on data and metadata standards
Institute of Physics
Working to advance physics education, research and application in the UK.
Uncovering new approaches to replace and reduce the use of animals for scientific purposes.
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
A global leader in the field of biological standards, medicines control and research.
National Physical Laboratory
The national measurement standards laboratory for the United Kingdom.
Nature Publishing Group
A division of the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature.
Public Library of Science
A non-profit open-access science, technology and medicine publisher based in the US.
Putting reproducibility and transparency at the center of teaching quantitative research.
A secure platform for developing and sharing reproducible methods.
Research Libraries UK
A consortium of the most significant research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Royal Society of Biology
The unifying voice for biology, representing a diverse membership of individuals and organisations.
Software Sustainability Institute
Cultivating more sustainable, research software to enable world-class research.
UK Data Service
A national data service providing access to a range of social and economic data collections.
UK Research Staff Association
A collective voice for research staff across the UK, building researcher communities and influencing policy.
An advocacy organisation for universities in the United Kingdom.
Empowering researchers, universities and corporations to achieve their goals.