- 1 External Stakeholders
- 1.1 The Stakeholder Engagement Group
- 1.2 Full stakeholders
- 22.214.171.124 The Academy of Medical Sciences
- 126.96.36.199 Arts & Humanities Research Council
- 188.8.131.52 Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- 184.108.40.206 Cancer Research UK
- 220.127.116.11 Economic and Social Research Council
- 18.104.22.168 Jisc
- 22.214.171.124 Medical Research Council
- 126.96.36.199 MQ: Transforming Mental Health
- 188.8.131.52 Natural Environment Research Council
- 184.108.40.206 Research England
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom Research and Innovation
- 18.104.22.168 UK Research Integrity Office
- 22.214.171.124 Wellcome Trust
- 1.3 Affiliate stakeholders
- 126.96.36.199 Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
- 188.8.131.52 British Neuroscience Association
- 184.108.40.206 British Psychological Society
- 220.127.116.11 CHDI Foundation
- 18.104.22.168 CLOSER
- 22.214.171.124 Code Ocean
- 126.96.36.199 The Company of Biologists
- 188.8.131.52 Center for Open Science
- 184.108.40.206 Eastern Arc
- 220.127.116.11 EQUATOR
- 18.104.22.168 European Bioinformatics Institute
- 22.214.171.124 F1000Research
- 126.96.36.199 FAIRsharing
- 188.8.131.52 Gorilla
- 184.108.40.206 GSK
- 220.127.116.11 GuildHE
- 18.104.22.168 GW4
- 22.214.171.124 Institute of Physics
- 126.96.36.199 N8 Research Partnership
- 188.8.131.52 National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
- 184.108.40.206 National Physical Laboratory
- 220.127.116.11 Nature Portfolio
- 18.104.22.168 NC3Rs
- 22.214.171.124 Public Library of Science
- 126.96.36.199 Project TIER
- 188.8.131.52 protocols.io
- 184.108.40.206 Research Libraries UK
- 220.127.116.11 Responsible Research In Practice
- 18.104.22.168 Research on Research Institute
- 22.214.171.124 Royal Society of Biology
- 126.96.36.199 Royal Society of Chemistry
- 188.8.131.52 Science & Engineering South
- 184.108.40.206 Society of Research Software Engineers
- 220.127.116.11 Software Sustainability Institute
- 18.104.22.168 SciScore
- 22.214.171.124 The Science Council
- 126.96.36.199 UK Data Service
- 188.8.131.52 UK Research Staff Association
- 184.108.40.206 Universities UK
- 220.127.116.11 Wiley
External StakeholdersFunders, publishers, learned societies and other external stakeholders supporting the UKRN
The Stakeholder Engagement Group
External Stakeholders who support and work closely with the UKRN, form the Stakeholder Engagement Group and ensure that UKRN activity is aligned with the strategy and activity of the stakeholders. All members are required to agree to our mission and values.
Our structure allows for two types of Stakeholder Engagement Group membership: full membership for organisations that are part of the academic environment, to provide direct financial support or support in kind for UKRN, and affiliate membership, for organisations that are part of the wider research environment, who only provide support in kind.
The UKRN Steering Group determines whether a potential External Stakeholder should be a full or affiliate member of the Stakeholder Engagement Group. We only accept financial support from full stakeholders.
The Academy of Medical Sciences
Arts & Humanities Research Council
AHRC funds world-class, independent researchers in a wide range of subjects.
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
BBSRC invests in world-class bioscience research and training, helping society face major challenges.
Cancer Research UK
Cancer research and awareness; pioneering research to reduce the number of deaths from cancer.
Economic and Social Research Council
ESRC provides funding and support for research and training in the social sciences.
Not-for-profit company providing digital solutions for UK education and research.
Medical Research Council
Responsible for co-coordinating and funding medical research in the United Kingdom.
MQ: Transforming Mental Health
MQ: Transforming Mental Health is a leading international mental health research charity.
Natural Environment Research Council
The UK’s leading public funder of environmental science: research, training and knowledge transfer.
Oversees the functions of UKRI in relation to university research and knowledge transfer in England.
United Kingdom Research and Innovation
Creating the best possible environment for research and innovation to flourish.
UK Research Integrity Office
An independent charity offering support to the public, researchers and organisations.
An independent global charitable foundation; improving health by helping great ideas to thrive.
Association of Research Managers & Administrators (UK)
The professional membership association for Research Managers and Administrators.
British Neuroscience Association
The largest UK professional body representing all aspects of neuroscience.
British Psychological Society
The representative body for psychologists and psychology in the United Kingdom.
A US non-profit accelerating therapeutic development for Huntington’s disease.
The home of longitudinal research, bringing together world-leading longitudinal studies.
An integrated computational research platform for computational reproducibility and collaboration. Available from EBSCO.
The Company of Biologists
Not-for-profit publishing organisation – supporting biologists, inspiring biology
Center for Open Science
Non-profit organization increasing openness, integrity, and reproducibility of scientific research
Eastern Arc is a research consortium comprising the universities of East Anglia, Essex and Kent.
Improving health research writing through reporting guidelines and training.
European Bioinformatics Institute
An International Governmental Organisation focused on research and services in bioinformatics.
F1000Research is an open research publishing platform offering rapid publication without editorial bias.
A curated resource on data and metadata standards
Helping behavioural scientists run online experiments.
Making innovative vaccines and specialty medicines to prevent and treat disease.
GuildHE is an officially recognised representative body for UK Higher Education.
Bringing together four of the most research-intensive and innovative universities; Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, and Exeter.
Institute of Physics
Working to advance physics education, research and application in the UK.
N8 Research Partnership
Collaboration of the 8 most research intensive universities in Northern England
National Institute for Biological Standards and Control
A global leader in the field of biological standards, medicines control and research.
National Physical Laboratory
The national measurement standards laboratory for the United Kingdom.
A division of the international scientific publishing company Springer Nature.
Uncovering new approaches to replace and reduce the use of animals for scientific purposes.
Public Library of Science
A non-profit open-access science, technology and medicine publisher based in the US.
Putting reproducibility and transparency at the center of teaching quantitative research.
A secure platform for developing and sharing reproducible methods.
Research Libraries UK
A consortium of the most significant research libraries in the UK and Ireland.
Responsible Research In Practice
Enhancing the rigour and reproducibility of life science research through specialist training and support.
Research on Research Institute
RoRI’s mission is to accelerate transformational research on research systems, cultures and decision-making.
Royal Society of Biology
The unifying voice for biology, representing a diverse membership of individuals and organisations.
Royal Society of Chemistry
Here to give the support, resources and connections needed to shape chemistry’s future.
Science & Engineering South
A hub of world-leading universities, committed to sustained investment in research.
Society of Research Software Engineers
Supporting research and researchers that depend on software.
Software Sustainability Institute
Cultivating more sustainable, research software to enable world-class research.
An AI-based methods verification tool for rigor and reproducibility measures.
The Science Council
Standards for professional scientists and technicians through registration.
UK Data Service
A national data service providing access to a range of social and economic data collections.
UK Research Staff Association
A collective voice for research staff across the UK, building researcher communities and influencing policy.
An advocacy organisation for universities in the United Kingdom.
Empowering researchers, universities and corporations to achieve their goals.