Open Research across DisciplinesHow the principles of open research can be applied to your discipline
Examples of open research practices
Open Data: Lia et al. (2020) (https://doi.org/10.12688/wellcomeopenres.15893.2). The paper is published in Wellcome Open Research (https://wellcomeopenresearch.org/) which is a rapid and transparent publishing platform. Wellcome Open Research supports data citations and peer review reports and follows an open research publishing model which entails publication within days of submission followed by an open invited peer review. All the data used in this paper is openly available with the paper which directs to RCSB Protein Data Bank (https://www.rcsb.org/) and Zenodo (https://zenodo.org/record/3817277) for underlying data and extended data.
- Presentation about open science in chemistry. https://www.fosteropenscience.eu/content/what-could-open-science-really-mean-chemistry
- Why chemistry research should be open access. https://www.springeropen.com/p/chemistry
- Article about open data. https://www.chemistryworld.com/news/open-data-linked-to-higher-citations-for-journal-articles/3010723.article
- Royal Society of Chemistry often hold open research events, e.g. https://www.rsc.org/events/detail/42090/open-chemical-science
- Royal Society of Chemistry recorded discussion of Plan S. https://youtu.be/isSnSYMpZjY
- Slides about open science. https://www.fosteropenscience.eu/content/what-could-open-science-really-mean-chemistry
- Open-source software lists. https://awesomeopensource.com/projects/chemistry, https://www.openchemistry.org/
- List of chemistry databases. https://www.rsc.org/journals-books-databases/databases-literature-updates/
- Preprint repositories.
- Details of Open Access Journals
This page is adapted and extended from: Farran, E. K., Silverstein, P., Ameen, A. A., Misheva, I., & Gilmore, C. (2020, December 15). Open Research: Examples of good practice, and resources across disciplines. https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/3r8hb