Examples of open research practices
Open Data: Macroeconomics and studies of international trade require open data sharing and collaboration because informed outcomes require both multiple data sources and equal insights on the policy constraints for each national economy (https://op.europa.eu/s/oGPn). In line with this, there are open access reports on economic change and international trade available (https://ec.europa.eu/info/business-economy-euro_en) as well as open datasets (https://www.wto.org/index.htm).
- Camerer, C. F., Dreber, A., Forsell, E., Ho, T.-H., Huber, J., Johannesson, M., et al. (2016). Evaluating replicability of laboratory experiments in economics. Science, 351(6280), 1433–1436. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.aaf0918
- Christensen, Garret, and Edward Miguel. 2018. “Transparency, Reproducibility, and the Credibility of Economics Research.” Journal of Economic Literature, 56(3), 920-80. https://doi.org/10.1257/jel.20171350
- Hamermesh, D. S. (2007). Replication in Economics. Canadian Journal of Economics, 40(3), 715-733. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2966.2007.00428.x
- B. D. (2009). Open Access Economics Journals and the Market for Reproducible Economic Research. Economic Analysis and Policy, 39(1), 117-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0313-5926(09)50047-1
- Vilhuber, L. (2020). Reproducibility and Replicability in Economics. Harvard Data Science Review, 2(4). Reproducibility and Replicability in Economics · Issue 2.4, Fall 2020 (mit.edu)
- Legrand, N. (2022). “The empirical relevance of the competitive storage model” by Cafiero et al. (2011): Replication, robustness, and extension. Applied Economic Perspectives And Policy. https://doi.org/10.1002/aepp.13282
- Miguel, E., Camerer, C., Casey, K., Cohen, J., Esterling, K. M., Gerber, A., … and Laitin, D. (2014). Promoting transparency in social science research. Science, 343(6166), 30-31. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1245317
- Certification Agency for Scientific Code and Data. https://www.cascad.tech
- Preprint repositories.
- National Bureau of Economics Research publications, data, videos. https://www.nber.org/papers?page=1&perPage=50&sortBy=public_date
- Wiki-Based Project with Access to Data, Resources and Replications for Empirical Articles. https://replication.uni-goettingen.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
This page is adapted and extended from: Farran, E. K., Silverstein, P., Ameen, A. A., Misheva, I., & Gilmore, C. (2020, December 15). Open Research: Examples of good practice, and resources across disciplines. https://doi.org/10.31219/osf.io/3r8hb