- 1 VIRT2UE Train the Trainer program
- 1.1 Content overview
- 1.2 Learning objectives
- 1.3 Completion criteria
- 1.4 Audience
- 1.5 Prerequisite skills, expertise and experience
- 1.6 Overall likely time commitment
- 1.7 Event dates and times
- 1.8 Registration deadline
- 1.9 Training partner
- 1.10 Location
- 1.11 Cost to institution per participant
- 1.12 Number of attendees
- 1.13 Application
VIRT2UE Train the Trainer program
The Concordat to Support Research Integrity is a governance framework in the UK for conducting research properly. VIRT2UE is a programme and a community of practice that emphasises ethical behaviour in research by encouraging researchers to develop good habits that lead to excellence beyond compliance.
The training consists of participatory exercises that cover key aspects of research integrity, including moral and epistemic virtues, encompassing robust, open and reproducible research practices. Participants will be led through the exercises, and shown how to lead the training themselves.
- Relate the principles outlined in the Concordat to Support Research Integrity to concrete RI cases
- Develop knowledge and skills to apply participatory exercises that help researchers cultivate scientific virtues while reflecting on concrete cases and dilemmas
- Develop didactical competences necessary to organise and implement research integrity training
- Develop a predisposition to cultivate virtues in research, and know how to act upon those virtues in concrete and complex moral dilemmas in research
Participants are expected to:
- attend the two-day training (probably 9:00-15:00) in full and participate in the exercises, and attend a follow up meeting organised 6 months after the training;
- create, commit and discuss a training plan at their local institutions;
- train at least 10 participants at their local institutions in the period of 6 months following the training.
Prerequisite skills, expertise and experience
Participants will be sent material to read, and links to online modules to do prior the training.
Overall likely time commitment
Up to 5h preparation, 2 days training, up to 3h follow up meeting.
Event dates and times
5th and 6th June 2024
March 8th 2024
Cost to institution per participant
Number of attendees