Today the Scottish Funding Council (SFC) has joined Research England in providing funds to support Scottish institutions currently participating in the UKRN Open Research Programme. The programme initially received significant funding to enable English institutions to benefit, and the three Scottish partners so far (Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow) have worked hard to engage using their existing resources. The new funds from SFC will enable these institutions to both shape and benefit from the Programme to a far greater extent during 2022-23. Professor Gary Macfarlane, UKRN Institutional Lead at the University of Aberdeen, welcomed this news, saying “we know that SFC values open research, and this investment will make a real difference as our institutions put in place the training, evaluation, policies and practices being developed in the UKRN Programme.
- Open Research Programme: May 2023 update
- UKRN joins the Coalition for Advancing Research Assessment (CoARA)
- UKRN welcomes report from the House of Commons inquiry on Reproducibility and Research Integrity
- UKRN First Working Paper on Training Priorities and Resources
- Rights retention: A Primer from UKRN